Did you know that having a high school equivalency diploma:
- earns you, on average, more than $9,000 per year in income over those without diploma
- allows you to apply for many jobs not available to people without a diploma.
- opens other educational opportunities such as classes through local colleges and universities, medical assistant classes, technical training, and more.
- can help you qualify for promotions with many local employers.
Hinds Career Center is authorized to administrator the qualifying examination for the Indiana High School Equivalency Diploma, the HiSET. For your convenience, we offer the test in Anderson, Elwood, and Noblesville each month, except July.
- The test has multiple subject area tests, takes about 7 hours to complete, and is given in two evening sessions.
- The cost is $115 (as of February 2023)
- Students enrolled in our adult education classes may qualify to take it free.
- Those who are 16 or 17 years of age must be officially exited from all public school classes and need to attend our classes in order to be eligible to take the test.