Frequently Asked QuestionsHow do I enroll in a program?
Click on the Admissions tab for an application or call Hinds Career Center at 765-552-9881.
Do Hinds’ courses meet Core 40 and Technical Honors diploma requirements?
All courses meet or exceed the recommended Core 40 curriculum requirements under the directed electives section. Our courses can provide 6 or more credits needed to meet Core 40 and Technical Honors diploma requirements.
Can I earn college credits while attending Hinds’ programs?
Yes! IVY Tech Community College and Vincennes University are two of the post-secondary institutions that offer college credit upon graduation.
How can I get actual workplace experience?
All programs offer job shadowing and short and long term internships for qualifying students as an important component.
Do I have the space in my schedule for a career-technical program?
Yes, you do. Our morning programs end at10:30 AM allowing you ample time for other classes at your school. Our flexible scheduling also permits you to enroll in many programs when your schedule allows.
Why Hinds Career Center?
- High Expectations
- A Professional Atmosphere
- Individualized Attention
- A Caring Staff
- Internships and Job Shadows
- Flexibility to Meet Specialized Learning Needs
- Math credit in addition to course credit
- Highly Qualified Teachers– many nationally certified in their skill areas
- A Central Location Between Sending Schools
- Computerized Numerical Control Mills
- Computerized Shape Cutting
- New State-of-the-Art Business Technology Lab
- Microsoft Office 2013 software
- Computer-to-Plate Printing Technology
- Digital Video Production and Editing
- Cost Estimation Database Software
- Service and Parts Database Software
- Newest AutoCad software